Together with the IRFU we're offering a 6 week pre-season programme for everyone aged 14 and over (male and female).
Starting Monday 12th August at 7pm and continuing for the following 5 weeks (last session will be 16th September)
Perfect for new players and anyone looking to build their fitness.
Led by CCRO Dan O'Sullivan, each session will be 1 hour long, and broken into elements or stages of fitness:
- Pre Movement stage - ballistic and plyo movement to get body ready
- Ball skills - simple drills done through Touch Rugby to get everyone refamiliarized with the ball
- HIIT 1 – Speed , Endurance and Stamina HIIT 4 rounds of a 5-7 station HIIT
- More movement anaerobic games - short and hard to get anaerobic levels improved and help coaches gauge short bursts of fitness, special awareness, ball handling and feet positioning.
- AMRAP – 10-12 minutes 4 power and strength tests set a number of reps across each of the 4 exercises to be repeated to failure over 10-12 minutes – this allows players to set personal bests and goals to improve on week by week, giving coaches a clear indications of improvements and decreases in fitness.
- More Touch Rugby movement and games to bond, work on fitness and get the players playing basic movement and skills in an very organised and programmed way
Each week the session changes and moves up a grade to motivate players to work harder, but for anyone who joins in on weeks 2-6 we can adapt to help them start at a good level and work to the rest of the team.
Interested? Come along on Monday 26th August